sabato 6 ottobre 2018

Learn by heart (il cuore della memoria)

I like to explore and feel The differences between my language and another one.

One of my favourite expressions is: learn by heart. 'Cause if you repeat mechanically and you don't feel it, well I guess there is hardly any chance to repeat it years after. I love the debate about it.

Il cuore della memoria 
The heart of memory

1 I don't know how many poems I was obliged to learn at school (imparare a memoria), but I know I can't repeat a complete one today in my language.

Two different matters.

I don't pretend to remember the whole Rime of the Ancient Mariner, but it's the ballad shining in my heart (with a little help from Iron Maiden) due to my devotion to Coleridge.

Sì, mi hanno aiutato gli Iron Maiden ad apprendere con il cuore Coleridge.

2 And perhaps water is the other key. The only poem I can completely repeat is Heine's Lorelei.

I don't think anybody forced me to learn it "a memoria" this song between the river and the rocks.

But my heart did it and I had to obey.

Ich weiß nicht, was soll es bedeuten

Non so che significhi...

Ps with my love and gratefulness to my Dad who supported my love for languages.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento